Optometrist – Cathedral Eye Clinic
Location: Academy Street, Belfast, with some travelling required in Northern Ireland
Hours: Full time, with some Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings.
Salary & Benefits: Dependent on experience, to be discussed at interview.
- AOP insurance and GOC fee paid
- 29 days holidays (including stat days)
- Team building and away days
- Opportunity to work with the latest technology in ophthalmology
- Opportunity to work with a friendly, supportive and motivated team
- Successful applicants can expect; a thorough training and development plan, generous salary, and will enjoy an excellent career path within this award-winning company.
Cathedral Eye Clinic leads the way in private eye care in Ireland and is seen as a pioneer in this area due to their outstanding, detailed, patient assessment process.
We offer a range of eyecare options and are dedicated to offering the highest standards of customer care and clinical results all backed up by research.
We are inviting applications for an Optometrist with experience and ideally IP qualified with an interest in research at our state-of-the-art private clinic in Belfast.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced team in providing the best possible care to private patients.
As well as providing laser eye surgery, we offer cataract surgery and lens replacement, treatment for retinal conditions, glaucoma, and age-related macular degeneration.
The private clinic:
- 7 consulting rooms set across 3 floors
- Very clean, modern and very clinical environment alongside all the latest technologies
- Experienced Ophthalmologists, Surgeons, Optometrists, Nurses, Researchers, Clinical coordinators, managers and Receptionists
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Optometrist to be an integral part of a multi- discipline team. Ideally you will have experience in the following areas; Cataracts, Glaucoma, Refractive Surgery, Retinal Surgery, and Oculoplastic Surgery with a genuine interest and aptitude in research, as outlined above.
Producing clinical training material and delivering presentations on the various disciplines to support all members of a co-management network.
You will be able to demonstrate a proactive, positive and optimistic attitude as well as being flexible, pragmatic and articulate. You will also be able to demonstrate an ability to cope under pressure whilst showing your commitment to service and excellent customer care.
- Qualified Optometrist registered with the GOC
- IP qualified or in the process of acquiring this qualification
- Passion for high quality patient safety and care
- Strives to deliver clinical excellence
- Considers customer service to be essential and has excellent communication skills
- Is an enthusiastic team player with a hard work ethic
- Experience and interest in clinical research
- Significant experience in a hospital, high street or refractive environment
- Post registration experience
- Strong Commercial approach
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Experience in mentoring and developing junior Optometrists
The clinical workload can be tailored to the candidate’s experience and our extended roles are fully supported by our consultant ophthalmologist team.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity please send your CV and a cover letter to Gary McArdle (firstname.lastname@example.org).