We are the only European site providing this kind of study, so please refer any of your patients matching this criteria:
- Age > 50 years
- Good visual acuity at least Snellen 6/12 or better in both eyes
- No evidence of late stage macular degeneration (neovascular or geographic atrophy) in either eye
Optometrists, please refer your appropriate patients through Rebecca Denham : 07889086927
*COSI (Community Optometrists with a Special Interest) Announcement*
COSI (Community Optometrists with a Special Interest) positions will soon be advertised to work in the Shankhill Health & Wellbeing Centre. These positions will be specialising in glaucoma and will be for approximately two sessions per week.
The advertising and recruitment of these positions will be undertaken by the BHSCT. This formal recruitment process may well be something that some applicants may not have been through for some time, if at all.
For this reason, ONI would like to offer interested optometrists an opportunity to attend a evening session that will focus on completing an application form and attending an interview.
This will take place in Belfast on the evening of Tuesday 8th April, venue and times to follow. This will not be a CET event.
Please contact optometry NI secretary Sara Ball to register your interest to give us an idea for room and catering purposes or if you have any questions - email@example.com
Chairman Optometry NI
*IMPORTANT NEWS* Event March 25th 2014
Ref Pupils/Palsy event tonight.
For personal reasons one of the lecturers for tonight has had to withdraw.
There will still be two lectures from Fion Bremner but unfortunately only one CET point will be available.
Thank you for your continued support.
Local Enhanced Service – IOP referral refinement
As you know the IOP referral refinement scheme will be happening soon. As a voluntary levy payer you will be entitled to an equipment grant from Optometry NI. This will be in addition to your BSO grant. For more information please click one the following links. ONI Grant letter. KAT Flyer. Perkins MKIII.
Please note – Anyone purchasing a Haag-Streit Perkins instrument will also receive a complimentary box of Tonosafe worth £75.
FUNDING NOW AVAILABLE FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING PROGRAMME
WorldHost Customer Service Programme is currently funded by the Department of Employment & Learning. A 2-day course normally costing £170.00 per person is currently subsidised and will cost only £20.00 per person. Reception staff working in Optometrist practices are eligible for the funding.
Please see attached document for further details and contact information. WorldHost document.
NEW CET RULES FOR 2013
From the next cycle starting in January 2013 there will be some changes to your CET Scheme Requirements.
What will the requirements be for you?
General principles which will apply to ALL registrants from 1 January 2013:
- 36 general points requirement for all dispensing opticians and optometrists per cycle.
- minimum annual requirement to obtain six points per year
- number of points awarded will reflect the level of interaction required for each type of CET activity e.g. peer review and clinical skills CET to carry greater points than attendance at lectures or article-based CET
- maximum of 50% of the 36 points per cycle can be obtained via text-based distance learning.
Your 36 general points which must include:
1. One point obtained in Peer Review activity involving patient records and decision making
2. All optometry competency units, specifically:
• professional conduct
• ocular examination
• optical appliances
• contact lens
• ocular disease
• assessment of visual function
• assessment and management of binocular vision
SEE ATTACHED DOCUMENT FOR FURTHER DETAILS….